New Zealand’s National Health Insurance (NHI) system has introduced a new set of restrictions, requiring people to have a valid passport in order to access a health service.
The changes come into effect on January 1.
They come after a spate of high-profile deaths, including the sudden deaths of a man and his wife at a Auckland home, and a man who died in a hospital after suffering a heart attack.
The new rules are designed to stop the spread of coronavirus and improve the health of the public.
NHI chief executive Simon Bridges said the move was needed to protect New Zealanders.
“The coronaviruses are still out there and the vast majority of them are still here,” Mr Bridges said.
“We’re really concerned that the pandemic has caused some people to become unwell and become untreatable.”
A number of the new rules apply to all of New Zealand, not just those living in the capital Auckland.
They also apply to visitors to the country, such as tourists.
The rules affect people in the public and private sectors, including schools and universities.
The Health Ministry says the changes were put in place to make sure people could access health care in a timely and cost-effective way.
“There’s a number of reasons for this,” Mr Bridge said.
Health Minister Steven Joyce said the new restrictions would help reduce the spread.
“If we have to do it again, we will.” “
‘Cannot allow this to continue’ Mr Bridges told ABC Radio New Zealand he understood the restrictions were necessary. “
If we have to do it again, we will.”
‘Cannot allow this to continue’ Mr Bridges told ABC Radio New Zealand he understood the restrictions were necessary.
“I understand it’s important for the public to have access to the NHI,” he said.
He said that while the new policy was a “major change”, it was also an important one.
“Cannot let this to keep happening,” he added.
New Zealand is currently experiencing its third consecutive pandemic. “
And we are making the best of a bad situation.”
New Zealand is currently experiencing its third consecutive pandemic.
The coronaviral pandemic caused a wave of illness in December 2016, killing more than 18,000 people.
Many were in their 20s and 30s.
The Government says the numbers of deaths and illnesses have been cut by 85 per cent.
New Zealand has one of the highest rates of coronavellosis, or high-risk pregnancy, in the world, and has been at the centre of a major health crisis since December.
Health experts say that the country is facing a shortage of skilled healthcare workers.
A new report released last week says more than 80 per cent of New England hospitals and 24 per cent more than half of New York’s hospitals are currently not staffed with health workers.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has promised $200 million to help hospitals hire more staff.
Health workers and nurses in New York were already struggling to cope with the spike in coronavid cases.
“New York Governor Cuomo has committed to the state of emergency for the next two weeks,” Mr Cuomo said.
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has also called for a $200m emergency fund to help fill a shortage in health care workers.
The governor has also vowed to “send in the troops” to help address the crisis.